Well my lovelies, the time has come for AionSource to have a hammer and chisel taken to her beautiful face, sculpting her in a new style with fun features to play around with :D
Unfortunately, there have been some database issues over the last few weeks (read: 404/504 errors) which have turned out to be far more serious stability-wise than we originally thought. This has forced us to push forward a project to move AionSource from vBulletin software to that of IPBoard.
While all fansites in our lovely little network were scheduled for this change, we still had a month or two to go, but alas website stability comes first :D
Now admittedly it will take some getting used to, although you'll find a few neat little toys around and about the site that aren't here in vBulletin, not to mention if you keep an eye out you might see some of our mods running into walls with the new software before chasing me with an axe! ._.
There are some things to keep in mind, so I'll try to detail as much of that as possible.
Firstly, the new system will finally tie us, far overdue technically, to the Curse.com ID system. Basically, this means you'll be logging in with your Curse ID rather than the one you have here. For the majority of you that already have accounts, after the transfer is complete when you attempt to login with your current details a prompt will arise.
- If you already have a Curse account with an email address matching your AionSource account, log in and they will be automatically linked.
- If you do not have a Curse account and the user name does not already exist with your current Aionsource account's name, then it will automatically be created saving you the hassle before sending you on your way.
- If the user name is not available on Curse you will be prompted to choose a Curse account user name.
- When associating a Curse account with your Source account, they must share the same email. If this is not possible (inactive old email or something to that end), please feel free to contact us and we'll sort it out for you.
- You will keep your current display name (the name that everyone sees you posting with now) regardless of your Curse ID. This display name is currently editable, with some restrictions, although that is subject to change.
Secondly if you're among the first to login after the transfer, you may notice a few oddities like forums you've never seen before in the Index, exploding birds and random angry rants from me about forum settings among them. Try to ignore that.. or at least don't laugh at me too hard. ;) Should you notice any overly troubling things, feel free to comment in one of the news threads regarding the subject (like this one) or in Site Feedback.
Update: The transfer has been temporarily delayed due to some technical difficulties, we'll update you when the tech department provides us with any information besides that.
Thanks for your support and my pre-emptive apologies for the next couple days. I may be slightly more... stressed (read: Birdman-esque grouchy) than usual rewriting resources and setting things up. All complaints can be forwarded to my lovely secretary Snoozle who will most likely put you on hold.
All the best,
This post has been edited by Cynic: 04 March 2010 - 07:26 AM