Aion Patch 1.9 - Closer than you think! Wall of Text inside o_O
Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:08 PM
Good afternoon beautiful people, we're quite happy to announce that the fabled 1.9 patch will be making its' move to all Korean servers early next week (March 24th) which of course means it's just on the horizon for NA/Eu realms!
On that note I've decided to assemble a series of teasers to wet your mouths for the upcoming patch, bearing in mind this is the final big step before 2.0
I did intend for this to be a small little news piece taking 10-20 minutes to assemble but one thing led to another and... uhhh... yeah.
Templars - Would you like a side of rage with that?
Some videos surfaced today showing off Templar's ever-so-slightly insane tanking ability in the realms of 1.9, my apologies for the audio quality - you can blame duowan(source) for that!
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/firstwep.png" alt="firstwep" height=495 width=213 style="float: right;margin: 50px">
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="audio" value="no"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lGqSLw97L4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lGqSLw97L4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Batter up, batter up! First to the plate is a brave young Gladiator rocking out a +14 Commander Bakarma/Guardian Tribunus's Spear with a beastly base-accuracy of 1850 (A combined weapon, one of 1.9's new features)
This beast comes standard with an attack speed boost of 19%, +30 base Atk, Phys Crit + 57, PvPDmg + 10%.
It's also slotted with 2 +5 Atks and four Accuracy 25s! Best not forget the 2% paralyze stone either.
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/secondwep.png" alt="secondwep" height=489 width=213 style="float: left;margin: 50px 10px">
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwRNZRoUs4c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FwRNZRoUs4c&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
A second challenger appears, this time a gladiator wielding a +3 Tahabata/Guardian Tribunus Spear combination item. Whilst not as feisty as the previous contender it's certainly a nice item.
This beastly hybrid comes standard with an attack speed boost of 19%, +30 base Atk, Phys Crit + 52, PvPDmg + 10%.
Lacking the high natural accuracy the former weapon its' user has decided to slot her up with five +25 accuracy stones & a +5 Attack. If there's a godstone, which there probably is, it wasn't shared!
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/thirdweapon.png" alt="thirdwep" height=498 width=214 style="float: right;margin: 50px">
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuGI7vNTaWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuGI7vNTaWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Our third participant is not only rocking a beast of a weapon, he's also transformed into a guardian diety adding a punch to his PvP damage! The weapon itself is a +11 Commander Bakarma/Guardian Tribunus Spear hybrid (Combination item)
Coming with a base bonus of 19% attack speed, Atk + 30, Phys Crit + 57, PvP Atk + 10%.
The user has decided to slot four +5 attack stones and two +15 physical crits. He also has a silence (8 sec, 5% prob) godstone although that's irrelevant for this video. </p>
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/fourthweapon.png" alt="fourthwep" height=489 width=200 style="float: left;margin: 50px 10px">
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mla5HMYoLxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mla5HMYoLxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
A battle of epic proportions, a daring assassin engages the auto-attack battle with our Templar friend.
Unfortunately the source for this video didn't include a screencap of his weapons although we do know he's wielding a +10 and +9 Tahabata dagger.
Alas the autoattack Battle Royale doesn't quite settle the debate on how the pending changes to stun's effectiveness will effect the PvP scene on any scale but that's something we'll have to find out for ourselves! Experimentation is a great tool for overcoming seemingly endless obstacles
Bits and Bobs
1.9 - Could those be... shiny new wings!?
(Translating this as I go, any Korean speakers are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong about anything! Bearing in mind that I reworded everything with my own weird writing style. Source)
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/korwin1.jpg" alt="korwin1" height=210 width=315 style="float: right;margin: 10px"> Amongst the other things added to the 1.9 test server was the introduction of new wings. 11 new daily quests were also added which can be completed to receive varying quantities of Abyss Tokens(?), these tokens can be exchanged at the reward center and used to obtain new wings. Some of these wings even include HP/Mana bonuses ranging as high as +180
Available in both Elysium and Pande an NPC by the name of 이도메네우스 (We'll call him Steve) has a variety of lovely wings available for purchase. One could assume this will simply be the existing wing NPCs we have now in NA. (Whose names I couldn't possibly tell you, Steve is much better anyway.)</p>
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/korwin3.jpg" alt="korwin3" height=200 width=300 style="float: right;margin: 10px">
There's also some mention of obtaining special wings through the aforementioned 11 quests using quest tokens, details will be provided in the following section.
Rumor has it these wings may have time-limits before they expire, I haven't found anything to confirm or deny that yet.
If anyone knows feel free to share!</p>
Please note that I have used all Korean wordings for the wings since most don't have NA ones yet and NCWest keeps changing things around -.- Also if you're particularly switched on you'll notice I haven't given separate names for the Asmo/Elyos wings, most of you can't read Korean so that would have been a total waste of space (much like this rant)
To figure out which images match which wings simply look at the Sty#'s, you'll notice the images below will have matching ones.
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/win1.jpg" alt="win1" height=175 width=300><img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/aswin1.jpg" alt="aswin1" height=175 width=300>
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/win4.jpg" alt="win4" height=175 width=300><img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/aswin3.jpg" alt="aswin3" height=175 width=300>
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/win5.jpg" alt="win5" height=175 width=300><img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/aswin4.jpg" alt="aswin4" height=175 width=300>
<img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/win2.jpg" alt="win2" height=175 width=300><img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/DCynic/aswin2.jpg" alt="aswin2" height=175 width=300>
And so concludes my lovely translation.
Doing a quick dig for other interesting tidbits I came across an article from our lovely translator ThatsTooBad regarding the subject of crit resistance (something that's been heating a lot of fires lately)
It more or less boils down to Critical Attack Chance - Critical Resistance Chance = Actual Critical Chance
Having said that there's some interesting figures in the article along with the mechanics behind magic crit so be sure to check it out! - [Test Server] Critical Resistance
OK... getting tired... gotta keep... going o.o
Below you'll find yet another TL;DR in the form of the 1.9 patch notes, details mentioned there.
Sheesh... why on earth did I decide to write so much today!?
Cynic - Might be unconscious now.
Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:10 PM
As most of you are probably aware the 1.9 full patch notes were released a little while back although we never did port them over fully to Aionsource. A couple hours of rage-inducing formatting later and here they are, please let me know if I made any formatting errors and I'll fix those up
Also due to the massive size of these darn things you'll find magical links below that will send you to sections relevant to your interests, you can use the "top" links in those sections to get back up here.
Patch Notes - 1.9 (Full)
- <a href="#hd73371">Items</a>
- <a href="#hd73370">Characters</a>
- <a href="#hd73369">User Interface</a>
- <a href="#hd73368">Skills</a>
- <a href="#hd73367">Instanced Dungeons</a>
- <a href="#hd73366">Quests</a>
- <a href="#hd73365">NPCs</a>
- <a href="#hd73364">The Abyss</a>
- <a href="#hd73363">Environments</a>
- <a href="#hd73362">System</a>
<a name="hd73371"></a>Items: <a href="#hd73372">Top.</a>
1. Armsfusion is a new system for combining two-handed weapons.
[A fused weapon]
- Two-handed weapons such as greatswords, polearms, staffs, spellbooks, orbs, and bows can be fused.
- Each city’s remodeling shop has an Armsfusion Officer NPC who can fuse your weapons.
- In order to fuse your weapons, the target weapon must be of a higher or equal level to the secondary weapon’s item level. Also, the two weapons must be of the same type.
- The Armsfusion process has the following effects:
- Basic stats: 10% of the secondary weapon’s basic attack power and 10% of its magic boosting power are added to the main weapon. Any stats that are lower on the secondary weapon will not be changed.
- Options: The secondary weapon’s options are added to the main weapon. The higher vales for attack speed, casting speed, and PVP attack power increasing options will be kept.
- Manastone slots: The secondary weapon’s Manastone slots are added to the main weapon, including any Manastones that are socketed in them.
- Socketed Godstones are only transferred from the Primary weapon (even if only the secondary weapon has a Godstone socketed)
- The Manastone slots from the two fused weapons remain distinct so you can socket each one separately. For example, when an attempt to socket a Manastone in one of the main weapon’s original sockets fails, the remaining main weapon’s Manastones disappear, but the secondary weapon’s Manastones remain intact.
- When socketing Manastones on a fused weapon, a socketing screen appears from which players can select either the original Manastone slot or one of the slots that was added by the secondary weapon.
- A fused weapon cannot be traded or stored in account or legion warehouses.
- The fusion process destroys the secondary weapon.
- Players can undo the fusion process by speaking with the Armsfusion Officer NPC and selecting the Armsbreaking option. The primary weapon will once again become tradable and storable.
- Weapons destroyed in the fusion process are not restored when Armsbroken.
2. A socketing supplement, which greatly increases the enchantment stone and Manastone-socketing success rate, has been added.
- The socketing supplement has three versions: lesser, regular, and greater. The socketing rate bonus increases with better grade supplements.
- Lesser socketing supplements can be purchased from the Item Remodeller and the Medicine Merchant in Sanctum, Eltnen, Heiron, Pandaemonium, Morheim, and Beluslan.
- The regular and greater supplements are not yet available, but will be added in a later patch.
- Players who have socketing supplements in their cube when attempting to socket an enchantment stone or Manastone will see a screen allowing them to select the particular stone and supplement they wish to use.
- Players who do not have supplements in their cube will continue the socketing process without a socketing screen, except in the case of socketing a Manastone into a fused two-handed weapon. That process always displays a socketing screen.
3. Class items’ max socketing value has been increased from +10 to +15.
- Socketing from +1 ~ +10 has the same success rate as before.
- From +11, the success rate is lower.
- When socketing fails at +11~+15, the value falls back to +10.
- This only refers to items that have the “[class name] only” tag in the item description.
4. Strengthening armor with an enchantment stone will result in an increased physical defense, HP, and physical critical resistance rate bonuses.
- The increased stat does not appear at +0 socketing status.
5. The level of “Artisan” has been added to the crafting system.
- Upon reaching a crafting skill level of 449, players can go to a Crafting Trainer NPC to advance further.
- Once players become Artisans, their maximum level in the skill increases to 499.
- Players can become Artisans of two crafting skills.
- Existing Crafting Level names have been changed:
6. Extract Vitality is now known as Essencetapping and Extract Aether is now known as Aethertapping.
7. The maximum Essencetapping and Aethertapping levels have been raised.
- Players who reach level 399 for either of the gathering skills can go to the Master NPC for the relevant skill. They may then complete a quest and pay a fee to advance to the rank of Expert.
- Players who become Experts will have a new maximum skill level of 499.
8. There is now a character level requirement in addition to the skill level requirement for Aethertapping
9. Certain new resources will require specific tools to gather.
- These tools can be purchased from the Essencetapping merchants and Aethertapping merchants in the large cities.
- The specific collection items will be introduced in new zones in an upcoming expansion.
10. A Superb Essencetapping Hat and a Superb Aethertapping Hat, which show nearby collection items (above skill level 400) on the radar, have been added.
- These hats can be purchased from the Essencetapping item merchants and the Aethertapping item merchants in the large cities.
- Names of some existing gathering hats have been changed to match the new crafting levels:
11. New recipes and morphing books have been added for both Elyos and Asmodian factions.
<ul class="bbc">A Crit Spell Scroll and an Awakening Scroll which can be crafted from materials found in existing zones, have been added.<li>Please note that somw
Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:24 PM
And the new news is really interesting
But these korean dudes are crazy as hell, wth are those weapons they've got there !?
Holly crap !
- Aion subscription canceled - NCsoft added now Cash Shop with Instant HP/MP potions & Instant Teleport Scrolls
Enjoy your PvP with unbalanced servers, unbalanced classes, CashShop items and Cheaters <3
Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:18 PM
Fear not. The Worthy Noble Durable Expert Carefully Crafted Great Master Plan (W.N.D.E.C.C.G.M.P. for short) is not written down anywhere and no one knows the full contents of the W.N.D.E.C.C.G.M.P. but rest assured NCSoft is following the W.N.D.E.C.C.G.M.P. to the letter and all actions are dictated by the W.N.D.E.C.C.G.M.P.
Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:04 PM
And in the first video, the glad's manastones are as follows: 2x+15 crits, 4x+5 attacks, and 4x+25 accuracies.
You only accounted for the abyss weapon add-on, not the bakarma origional weapon that the abyss pole was added to. That also applies to the rest of the combined weapons in the videos that followed it.
So um, carpel tunnel? How's that feeling right about now? Good post! And try and find more on level 60 manastones please!
Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:40 PM
But yeah 90m for wings ... is that why they put the rmt video up?
PEAR SAID I'M GAY!
Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:42 AM
Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:20 AM
Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:04 AM
Good hunting to everyone! (more info (only in hungarian language from the new 1.9 daily quest system: [1.9] New Daily quest system), you can also find some extra info from 1.9 on the link: dredgion changes, dredgion medal rewarded new quests, stigma shop, easiest lvling, etc.
Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:29 AM
Um, the standard wings are still the same price in his chart.
I don't see why people think localization means changing. It means translating.
Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:56 AM
I guess you arent that long playing Aion, localization can be derived from westernization, which is - IN ALL HONESTY - NCWest's job here. But I guess you're one of those who didnt get why Aion has to be westernizated to have success here in the western part of the world.
But dont fear, NCWest didnt get what their job is, too. ^_^
Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:04 AM
But dont fear, NCWest didnt get what their job is, too. ^_^
I've been playing Aion since Korean live, and I just posted a dictionary definition of localization as it relates to computer software. I don't see your argument.
Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:41 PM
Also will soulbound items work for combining? (I'd assume so but would like clarification)
It may be too early for answers but I might as well ask because I don't want to screw myself over before knowing.
Couldn't find anything about this either, sorry if its been posted.