For the switch-over, NCsoft has teamed up with the German publisher Gameforge. The Gameforge Aion-Team consists of 38 employees and they will soon be responsible for the running of the game across the whole of Europe. Together with NCsoft they will continuously further develop and create new content for Aion in order to offer you a unique gaming experience – and all for free.
Why are we switching to free-to-play?
In the last few months the lands in Atreia have become more and more deserted. We want to reinvigorate the world of Aion and attract new adventurers to the towns to take to the skies as Daevas.
What will the change mean for you? What will happen to your existing account? All the answers to such questions can be found in our extensive FAQ. If there is something in particular that you are not sure about and that isn't covered by the FAQ, then you are very welcome to send us your question via email to [email protected] We will get back to you with an answer as fast as we can.
As soon as there is more information on Aion and the switch to free-to-play, you will find it here. We will keep you up to date and we look forward to all and any feedback you have to give us!
The Gameforge Aion-Team
Please welcome CMBlackVelvet the CM for aion/Gameforge
She will be taking q&a so please ask anything u like to here
1) Will we get the official 64bit version back? If, when? If not, why not? (We know the Koreans have it since we use it...)
Currently asking around and is noted on my list. I will come back at you as soon as I have more information about that one. nobody already contacted me about this and yes, I would love to have a 64bit Client myself (seen as a private person).
3) Are you going to be better in listening what the EU folks want, since so far we've gone with what Koreans and NA want?
Of course we will check, evaluate and forward suggestions, concerns and more to the developers. We are always happy to receive feedback and criticism.
4) Will you remove/reduce the buffs in Morhein/Eltnen/Beluslan/Heiron and get rifting alive again? (Or you keeping it as it is — every other week possible in Beluslan and Heiron?)
We are taking the game as it is and not influence the current gameplay. However we will monitor your needs and act/adjust accordingly in future.
5) Will you remove the ban of going to the first area in Gelkmaros/Inggisson?
Nope, as mentioned before, we will take over the game as it is.
6) How much freedom do you guys have to please us, or are you still bound by everything Korea says?
Please you in which way? Disregarding the game changes and and updates which need to come from Korea, there are a lot of ways to please the majority of you with events, contests and such.
7) Will you remove the PvP AP Cap? Or those "gold accounts" will make us hit it even faster?
Nope, the current cap stays for now. We however will monitor it and possibly adjust the cap with 3.0.
The cap itself will not be removed.
8) Will you be able to dual box?
9) Will you actively follow and ban those people that will make an enemy race char in their server in order to feed their friends (or themself) platinum medal and AP?
Yes, we will monitor crossfeeding and act accordingly.
10) What is the price of the gold package.
The price of the gold package will not be higher than the current subscription. A detailed info on how much it will cost exactly will be announced.
11) What items will be added to the cash shop and what items are planned to be added in the future.
We are aware that Aion is a PvP focused game for many players. But we will monitor and discuss every decision about possible items for the itemshop thoroughly and also want to react to wishes of the community. There is no intention to interfere with the PvP game balance.
Coming back to this question. One of the biggest German online gaming magazines released an interview with our Executive Product Director (for reference: http://www.onlinewel...gameforge-8533/).
The 4th question is about the itemshop and what we are going to offer, so I will translate his reply (typos might be included, sorry it is late :P):
"After the switch-over, the ingame shop will be filled with the existing offers of the NCSoft store. All offers known and liked by players will still continue. Additionally we evaluate further offers for players in future. Aion offers many options in the area of visual character customization/individualization that can be offered in the ingame shop. Further details will be announced during the coming months until the conversion to free-to-play."
12) Will be automatically changed to Veteran status. In order to have full rewards will we still need to pay for the Gold Pack?
Basically nothing changes to the current situation if you continue to pay. The gold package is the same as your current subscription with additional bonus (this includes: Veteran rewards and more stuff we will explain later). So in the end, you receive more for what you pay.
About the Veterans:
All old and current players are Veterans. You just needs to flag your account and migrate your account to our systems and that's basically it.
13) Also if we do not do the migration we will continue to be in Pay-to-Play?
Nope, there will be no Pay-to-PLay for Europe (hope I understood your question correctly).
14) What is the price of the gold package.
A detailed list of what is contained in the Gold pack will be released in the next days. We know that the current table is either a bit confusing or not clear enough/insufficient. We wanted to give you a short overview first and work on the table to make it as comfortable for everyone as possible.
I will inform you when the new table is ready and it will also be announced on our Website as a News so you don't miss it . Any questions after the release of the detailed list will be forwarded and I will get you some answers.
15) What items will be added to the cash shop and what items are planned to be added in the future.( this one is most important and pretty much game breaking for most )
16) How does gameforge battle bots/hackers.
This is a tough one. As said previously in other posts, we are taking the game as is. That means not only game content wise but also technically. So in the end you shouldn't feel any different when migrating your accounts as you have felt the past months. The implementation of protection systems like gameguard are still on discussion. So yes, we thought about how to solve it.
Also here: As soon as I know more, you will be informed
17) Will Gameforge be looking to purchase patches past 3.0 and including 4.0?'
Yes, we are going to keep the game up to date and that also means future content updates like 3.0 (I want a pink house!) and any update further in the future.
18) is the gameforge website safe? i mean . will our accounts be safe from hacking ..etc?
19) Will you provide the Veteran basic account for loyal Gold users or do you just try to milk the cow dry?
20) Do you have any plans to sell more character slots?
I see that you're adding new servers but as you know we're currently limited at 8 chars per account. Do you plan to increase this and make it 8 chars per server or are we doomed to create new accounts that will be, wonder what, Starter account despite us being Veterans?
No, nothing like this is planned. You have to stay with 8 characters on one account and there is nothing planned to change that so far. If you want more than 9 characters or a different one, as it is right now, you need to delete one of your characters you don't need.
21) To get us on-side with you, as Veterans and potential Gold level members, will you take on suggestions to reverse extremely unpopular NCSoft decisions, like, for example, would you bring back 2 Arena tickets a day for Veteran + Gold members?
22) are u guys thinking of excluding the not paying players from level 55~60
cause i noticed u had different (Maximum character level) for the Starter/Veteran/Gold Pack
The levels are actually the same. You might want to check again. Or i misunderstood your question .
We are not excluding anyone. Level 55 is the current level cap and the table shown on our site is directed at the current game content (2.7). Everyone should be able to reach the maximum level cap.
- i ment for 3.0 for the levels 56 to 60
23) Will people that start aion after February be able to get a permanent gold status
People who register accounts after February and after the migration happened have the status "Starter" by default. Yes, they are bound to buy the Gold package which is basically nothing else than your current subscription content wise plus some more stuff but more to come soon.
The ones who were playing the game for a while now (like you, like my private account for example) no matter if inactive or active, receive status "Veteran" when they flag their accounts for the migration. Old subscribers will never be Starters this way.
Starters however can achieve Veteran status by fulfilling certain conditions. We are still discussing the conditions tho. So I can't tell you what kind of conditions
24) If we have an account on spatalos, and we make another char on say, a new server.
Will the veteran rewards we earned up till now work on that char?
They should work yes. We are still working on that system but a similar question was asked here before related to the veteran rewards and them being migrated as well even though you didn't send them to one of your characters ("are they lost?" etc.). Need to look it up.
This is still a pipeline question tho . If I have more info, I will inform you of course.
25) How safe is the server migration do we need to takes ss of out inv just in case
How to explain it without all the technical yaddah-yaddah around it? *scratch*
Well, we receive the database directly, ensuring that nothing is lost within the depths of datatables and so on. We are making sure that everything is taken as it is concerning the database. So nothing should be lost in the process of migration. Of course, many who worked with databases and import/exports and migration knows that stuff might happen. IF you lose anything (which we will avoid), we are giving you support and restore your character. The original database after all stays intact and we can look it up and adopt the stats. If necessary, manually fix your characters.
26) In addition, you said you're taking Aion as it is now. Does this mean we'll keep getting our week on, week off AP events/rifting buffs removed?
And yes, we are keeping the buff/rifting events. Everything should stay the same for you for now, then we will of course come up with new events and adjust the old events to your needs. That's what I meant with "monitoring" earlier .
27) Since game goes f2p, does the sharing account policy change too? I mean, will there be punishment as account supension for sharing accounts? Logically there shouldn't as you wouldn't gain money if someone plays aion by default but just wondering.
28) Are you actually planning to keep these restrictions and simply tell the players that you're the same as ncsoft, slowly kicking out pvp players out of the game. Or will you do something to make the players come back and see that the game is actually coming back to it's original pvp options.
For the moment, we will keep the current restrictions and buffs. But it doesn't mean it will stay like this forever. We know that the game is PvP focused and might change some restrictions according to your needs. Or think about a compromise for both, PvE and PvP players .
Speaking of various type of players among the playerbase, I noticed the German community got an RP subcommunity.
Is there an RP community existing for the English servers? Out of curiosity, because so far I didn't find any.
This post has been edited by thaicetruckkilla: 16 December 2011 - 07:28 AM