After the Remember video, we were wondering what was happening. Well, it turns out that the video is about multiple things. Both F2P and 3.0 (Ascension) are now coming to Aion. Here are some of the benefits of the promised F2P model for Aion NA:
- No subscription fee. Play for free!
- No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
- Robust countermeasures to combat game abuse. We're dedicating a ton of resources to preventing account theft, botting, and real money trading.
- No hassles. Create your account, download the game, and play!
- No harassment. Don't worry, we won't hound you with constant offers or promotions.
- A lot of great stuff we'll reveal more about leading up to launch!
If you buy from the store, then you'll be helping to support NCWest, the NA publisher of Aion.
The switchover will happen in spring, but no dates have been announced. It seems that F2P is going to happen at the same time as 3.0. Details are yet to be released. This does explain why the monthly benefits for players had to be done away with too for those who were wondering.
Also, it appears there will be more videos forthcoming as the site has places for more and "Coming Soon" is prominently displayed.