- 64-bit client is now working correctly again.
- Chat restrictions are now working correctly again.
- Sky Fortress quest NPC has been fixed.
- Rift Buffs have been taken down on the regular servers.
- The new Growth quests NPC's now spawn at their correct locations.
- The Origin Server names are now correctly abbreviated on the Fast Track Server.
Patch notes detailing the new Growth quests are now available.
The Fast Track Server and 3.1
The patch notes for 3.1 are here and unless you looked at them very closely you might have been deeply disappointed by the patch if you're leveling a character. XP rates dropped on all regular servers.
The reason for this is that the NA servers have finally implemented the Korean leveling server - a special server where people from all servers can meet up to level. Of course, the fast track server can only be used for people that are below level 51 and thus the decrease in XP rates on regular servers is a severe blow for those at the upper end of the leveling curve. XP and gathering rates are doubled on the leveling server.
As this has disappointed some players, NCsoft West is distributing 5 XP boosting amulets to all players levels 51 to 60 who cannot play on the Fast-Track Server.
In order to enter the Fast Track server, players must be in certain leveling zones. The server is implemented as a channel and you change to it via the game menu as shown below:
All characters on the leveling server have a 2 letter server code appended to their name so that names remain unique. This server code goes away when the leveling server is left. Also of importance is that if your channel on the leveling server is full, you can change channels just like it was a regular server. If you would like to leave the leveling server, then you can leave it in the same way as you entered.
There are some things that don't work on the leveling server and there are a lot of zones that are not implemented on the leveling server. You should get ported to a standard server zone if the zone you're trying to enter doesn't exist on the leveling server. Since there is now a leveling server, rifting buffs have been removed from NA Aion. A standard message of warning appears when you enter the leveling server.
The list of things that work differently on the leveling server appear below. Please note that some of the things are expected to change with patch 3.5 as the leveling server abilities and zones will be increased due to the introduction of space disruptions and the ability to add/block people will be added.
- Level 50 characters cannot level up further than level 50.
- Characters cannot trade with one another. (Exception: items that can be traded temporarily when acquired can be traded until the time limit is up.)
- You cannot open a private store.
- Group/Alliance/League loot distribution is limited.
- Trade Broker NPCs do not exist, so you cannot use the Trade Broker's services.
- Limited Sale NPCs do not exist, and their goods are unavailable.
- You can still read your mail, but you cannot send any mail.
- Some legion functions cannot be used.
- Abyss rank titles are not displayed.
- You cannot check abyss information from the character information window.
- You cannot check the influence ratio.
- You cannot change Your Note from the Find Friend window.
- You cannot add or block friends.
- You cannot use the Mentor function.
- The loot distribution option of bidding for high quality items when in a Party, Alliance, or League is unavailable.
- You cannot use the "Homeward Bound" skill on the Fast-Track Server.
So for all the people who are leveling in Aion, please remember to join the leveling server or else your experience may be filled with random pvp encounters, less people overall to play with, and overall you will get 1/2 the XP if you try to level on a normal server.