For server character creation status, please see: http://na.aiononline...ver-status.html
We've been posting updates here on Aionsource, on IRC and on Twitter. Contact Customer Support if you think it might be something client-related. Many of the problems you're seeing may be due to traffic jams. While I know many of you want to grab names as soon as you can, I suggest returning in a bit when things are settling down. Try to reboot, make sure to patch the Launcher and to patch Aion.
Most issues should be resolved at this point, or at least these are the answers we have:
Game launching in Korean?
A couple of possible fixes.
- (1) Short & Easy fix:
1. Right-click on Aion in your Launcher game list
2. Select Properties
3. Change/update language
- (2) Long & Guaranteed fix:
You are running a North American client from Europe and may need to reinstall the European client. Odds are you've been playing Aion since way back in the beginning. When you re-install, the version that gets installed is determined by your OS locale settings and Launcher Options. It will take a while, but you will need to remove Aion completely from the Launcher and from your PC and start from square one with the installation. If you have a decent speed internet, this shouldn't take all too long unless you do it during prime time.
- (3) Remove English files fix:
1. Delete the language files in your installation folder \Aion\L10N\
2. Make sure your Launcher's regional settings are correct
3. Make sure that your Aion language settings in the Launcher are correct
4. Restart the Launcher completely and let it patch the correct language files (approx. 300~800 MB).
- (4) Re-install only in Launcher fix:
1. Remove Aion from your launcher by right-clicking and choosing "Uninstall". Do not remove your game files - only remove it from the Launcher.
2. Restart the Launcher.
3. Right-click on Aion (should now be displayed as "Not installed") and choose "Install".
4. Customize the installation so that all language settings are correct and point it to your Aion game folder from the previous installation.
5. The Launcher will now try to patch any missing language files and hopefully resolve your issue (approx. 300~800 MB).
Two things could be causing this:
* Something is preventing you from connecting to the patch server, or the correct patch server
* The servers are overburdened by all too much traffic
If you can rule out that a firewall is the cause, please contact Tech Support and give them all the data you can (Your location, ISP, patch version, etc.) in order for us to find common denominators for those who experience the problem.
Some users are able to get around this problem by replacing the patch server IP with a different one. I cannot recommend this solution as it's a temporary fix that may come back to haunt you in the future. If you do make changes to your client, always make sure that there's a way for you to undo them.
This has been resolved. Patch the Launcher (full restart) and patch the Aion client.
Aion not in game list
This has been resolved. Patch the Launcher (full restart).
"You cannot run any more clients"
Fixed after server restart.
Race balancing is a feature that we need to have in order to keep the game enjoyable. If we let one side grow too large, the game's simply not going to offer the type of challenge we intend for it to. The Balaur will be in there to help balance it out, but we need to prevent too drastic differences. Keep in mind that you may be able to create a character of your selected race later when the two sides have balanced out.
Server full / Cannot create more characters
We need to balance the population out even between our servers. While some empty are full to the bursting, others aren't as filled up. We need to promote characters on these servers in order to reduce latency risks and overcrowding. Limits will be increased once we see that server populations balance out. This is not static / final.
"The Client's regional code is not compatible with the game server"
You are trying to connect to North American servers with a European client, or vice versa. Check your Launcher locale settings to make sure you're connecting to the right region.
Login / Password mismatch
Make sure to update your Aion game password in the NCsoft user controls, logging in at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/.
This error can come up if you are connecting to the wrong game region as well.
Within the NCsoft Launcher you should go to File > Settings, then go to the Advanced tab and ensure that “Region” drop-down menu is appropriate for your account – “North America” or “Europe”
Collector's Edition & Preorder items
These items are not yet claimable, but will be by or during Head Start.
"Cannot connect to authentication servers"
Check your Aion icon or launcher path for any added parameters. The error would indicate that you are trying to connect to the wrong server, usually a result from manually editing your game files or shortcuts (adding parameters etc.). If you verify that no custom edits have been made in any of your files, please contact Tech Support and give them all the data you can (Your location, ISP, patch version, etc.) in order for us to find common denominators for those who experience the problem.
This post has been edited by Ayase: 22 September 2009 - 10:27 AM