Guide Legion Emblem Tutorial
Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:23 AM
Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:57 PM
I've done everything you said but for some reason whenever i save as a tga i get a black background, i used Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create the logo and since Photoshop doesn't allow transparent backgrounds i installed gimp.
Any chance in some help if possible in solving the issue? would rather be able to convert the image myself rather than need someone else to do it each time.
Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:15 AM
Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:33 AM
Photoshop CS2/CS3/CS4 has no more tga transparency. Only very old Photoshop can do it.
But we have still another solutions.
Here my instructions for success:
1. Photoshop it in normal ways. Make sure it's 256x256 and not 255x256 or so.
It's recommended you make it 200% bigger as original image (512x512). When finished, you can shrink it with 50% to 256x256. The colors may set at RGB. The checkerboard patterns in photoshop is the transparency part.
2. Save it as Transparency PNG. This is always 24 bits PNG, you can use Web export option in Photoshop. This is only file Photoshop can save it with Alpha channels. PSD is also okay, but you must merge layers anyway in GIMP.
3. (download and) Open GIMP for Windows. Open the PNG file.
4. Check the image. If you see the transparency is still same as in Photoshop, then it's good.
5. Now choose "Save As..." In right-down pull down menu you see "All Pictures". Open it and choose TarGA (*.tga).
Rename the file, which has still .png, into .tga.
6. When you want save it, you get a question window. You must enable RLE Compression. The start point must set on Left-upper. This makes the correct TGA file.
Why must i enable RLE on? Because the TGA is much smaller. I have disabled it at once, and the server wont accept it because it's too big.. But with RLE compression on, it works in editor and upload has no problems and much faster.
7. Copy it to Aion directory, then rename it to "emblem.tga". Rename old emblem file if you want keep it.
8. Go to the Legion board. It costs you around 980k for new emblem.
Because the bigger picture on the new cloak, it causes the problems for some people to get the image right.
I have also my problems and tried make it perfect on the cloaks.
First photoshop template:
You see i have make image smaller for my legion emblem. The dark areas are not visible on small cloaks.
The image is here 256x256,but i must make it smaller for cloaks.
Here is the result on small characters:
You see it's almost at the edges of the cloak. If you make it bigger, you get cutoff at left and right side, that makes it not beautiful. That is why i must resize it to make it nicer.
But on bigger or wide characters is different:
You see the image is a bit smaller compared to small character. Here is no problem, there is room enough and no cutoff.
At legion uniform (level 5) there is also not much problem with smaller image.
Only at legion shield and fortress image board may look smaller than expected, but that is choice; you want get it right on cloaks or want get it right on artifacts/fortress/legion shield. I choose for cloaks, because it's more visible and you look also always at it on your character.