The way it works is the Aion chat system, sees the unicode character like U+E002 and replaces it with an icon it holds in its texture buffer.
Apparently the asians have been able to use their IME input method to insert these codes, but its something I could not replicate.
For the time being, you'll have to resort to copy pasting the squareboxes you find on this page into your memo pad :
ishida >> utilities: Unicode name lister
From there you can insert them into your macro.
One particular thing I use them for is to indicate what the marks mean that I'll be using while tanking.
I expect any dps to be using the equivilant /selectbrand macro to target the first in the kill order and the designated CC person to use the /selectbrand 7 for targeting the mob i want put to sleep.
Individual icons are listed here : ishida >> utilities: Unicode name lister
Copying the sqaure boxes into chat will give you an icon.
1. Visit this page : Unicode code converter [ishida >> utilities]
2. find the fourth text field on the page, labeled : "Percent encoding for URIs"
3. paste the following into it.
%EE%80%81%EE%80%82%EE%80%83%EE%80%84%EE%80%85%EE%80%86%EE%80%87%EE%80%88%EE%80%89%EE%80%8A%EE%80%8B%EE%80%8C%EE%80%8D%EE%80%8E%EE%80%8F%EE%80%90%EE%80%91%EE%80%92%EE%80%93%EE%80%94%EE%80%95%EE%80%96%EE%80%97%EE%80%98%EE%80%99%EE%80%9A%EE%80%9B%EE%80%9C%EE%80%9D%EE%80%9E%EE%80%9F%EE%80%A0%EE%80%A1%EE%80%A2%EE%80%A3%EE%80%A4%0A4. click the convert button on that field.
5. copy the line of square boxes that appeared in either of the two fields above
6. paste into your memo pad, macro or chat edit box.
Supposedly you can use these codes by making use of the IME input method on your keyboard.
2. Hold down the Right Alt key, the right of the keypad to enter the 55,566, emoticons unique number (71,72, etc.) to enter.
Example: To use emoticons, 71 times Alt + 55566 + 71 and then in the hands Alt.
(ALT key and click the phone number you think is the input.)
3. The following numbers corresponding to the chat window, and then this happens emoticons.
credit to : Treb for illuminating how this was done.
Number of downloads: 79146
This post has been edited by Aion Bunny: 20 November 2009 - 08:09 AM