This project is hosted on the Google App Engine and can be found here:
Some of the main points that I find useful are:
- All recipe ingredients are text not icons, makes for easy reading. Also, it's clean enough I can look at it from work with out feeling bad.
- A 'Unit Cost' is calculated to show what the vendor price is to make something. I find this very helpful when crafting for guildmates who provide all the mats but don't know there's a set cost above even the mats.
- In the detailed cost page (click on the listed cost), you can find the cost for stacks of items and it even tells you which multiples will create zero leftover ingredients.
- The detailed cost page allows you to set any cost you want for the gathered materials. This way you can see what the minimum price you need to charge for something vs just selling the mats you already have.
I know there are still a few small bugs but I think I have the major stuff worked out. I'll continue to update this and add new stuff but at least it's got enough features now that I find it useful to share. I'm open to comments/suggestions but remember I'm new to this so don't expect lightning fast results I can only promise I'll put good ideas on my to-do list. Some stuff is quick and easy to add, others not so much.
Wow not a single comment. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
A friend pointed out that applying the filtering with a button rather than on event.keyup would make it more usable. So I've done that, as well as added a delay to the filtering of the search box. Now you can type and it will apply the search in 500ms rather than trying to do it as you type. He's right, that makes it feel much more responsive.
Really, I'm open to suggestions ;)
This post has been edited by Zarek: 02 November 2009 - 11:18 PM
Reason for edit: Automerged Double-Post.