Reputation: 35 Excellent
- Active Posts:
- 5564 (3.23 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Aion Discussion (980 posts)
- 24-June 09
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Yesterday, 06:01 AM
- Member Title:
- Ack Pfft
- Age Unknown
- Birthday Unknown
- Not Telling
- Class :
- Race :
- Test Server
Yesterday, 03:37 PM
24 Feb 2014 - 03:50
01 Feb 2014 - 10:18
29 Jan 2014 - 13:12
12 Jan 2014 - 11:25
11 Dec 2013 - 13:57
09 Dec 2013 - 17:47
08 Dec 2013 - 19:50
09 Nov 2013 - 20:13
01 Sep 2013 - 07:34
Topics I've Started
15 February 2014 - 05:33 PM
AionSource.com will be made read only and then finally shut down over the next couple of weeks. As a community, we are moving to a new site (yes, you have to post in intro before you can post elsewhere on the new site):
The new, ad free fan site is owned and handled by myself and is for the discussion of Aion and other games. I thought about it a lot and I really don't want to lose members of the community just because our community likes to play different games over time. Much thanks for the help of DirtyKlingon (leader in ChitChat) and Divinelysian (Aion player and content developer) for helping out with the new site. Divinelysian has been especially busy trying to copy over some of our better guides for Aion, so that they won't be lost when AionSource.com goes down forever. We've had a fairly steady group over on the site testing it for the last couple of weeks and we think we're ready to handle more traffic.
Curse has been very nice in promising that the AionSource.com won't go down immediately, so as community members you do have the ability to copy over your own important articles to the new site (it uses similar forum software). Since we don't have the database from AionSource, you'll have to re-register. Please remember to make your forum password different from all your game passwords for safety. Forums are very commonly attacked by hackers and so it's always best to have an extra layer of security for yourself (you should do this with any game forum you're a part of).
AionSource started as a community that grew as Mark (now the Admin of ArcheageSource.com and I totally blame him for us having the word nyerk) led it through the early pre-launch days of Aion. The site was then sold to Curse and went through a series of admins, including Knite (now a Brand Manager for NCsoft West), Cynic (who's hiding out somewhere), Aion Bunny (got married last I heard), Kvinna (Admin on the Curse Guild Wars Guru and Guild Wars Guru 2 forums), and finally myself. On the way we also had Amira, the admin of TeraFans.com as a mod as well as Celystine (whom reportedly went to work on the SWTOR forums and was responsible for getting rid of their off topic forum... I wonder why...). I've held down the fort for a long, long time, but always wanted to be able to change the site when it needed changing. I will now be able to do that.
Please come by and say hi on the new forum. Since it's still being worked on, please be patient and let me know when you run into issues. I've got no idea what bandwidth we may need and so some load balancing may need to be done. Also, let me know if you'd like to help out with content.
I will miss AionSource and I could probably wax poetic about it for a while, but honestly I have to start copying over some of the older news articles to archive them on the new site. Oh, and all of those images... blech.
Best of luck to everybody and I hope to see you all on the other side where Nobody Plays Games.
22 January 2014 - 07:30 PM
Looks like it will be released January 29th, 2014. So, get ready to aethertech!
16 January 2014 - 06:14 PM
10 December 2013 - 08:05 AMSomebody just asked if Starbound was a reskin of Terraria (um, no) in shoutbox and I can't answer in like 2 sentences as to what it actually is, so I'm writing a post about it. Been playing it the last few days with my family. Trailer for it is below.
Yes, it looks a lot like Terraria from the trailer. Honestly though, I liked Minecraft and hated Terraria, but I like this game. I'm discovering that it's actually quite different in a number of ways. Some of the ways it differs:
- Science fiction theme
- As far as I can tell the mobs are procedurally generated. Sometimes we just wander around to find new mobs. There are slots for pets, although they're teasers at the moment and not turned on. The mobs look like pokemon style mobs. Mobs do have different attacks, but aren't particularly smart. The sounds they're making now all seem related to domestic farm animals and pets, which just gets weird sometimes when the 9 eyed octopus bleets at you and the pink cuddly fox thing rushes you with horse neighs.
- Customization of your character is much better. 6 races and a lot of choices with them. Along with the bling you can pick up in treasure chests. I have a robot character with fairy wings as an example. And yes, there are separate stat and looks slots on your character. +1 that they noticed how much we all hate looking the same to get good stats
- You have a star ship and planetary map. You get fuel (which is strangely wood and coal - go figure) and can start wandering around to different procedurally generated worlds in your ship. It's kind of fun just to sit and look at your procedurally generated universe and the worlds in it. Because of the infinite number of worlds (well, until your computer runs out of mem I suppose), you can have worlds for specific purposes or choose to deforest and leave them barren. We've run into a lot of different and sometimes surprising biomes through just exploring, especially underground.
- The game reminds me of the Diablo in some ways - hack and slash your way through whatever procedurally generated dungeon to get the loot. It has a LOT of loot all over the place in terms of caves, procedurally generated dungeons (some with robots yay!), and sometimes just in chests lying on the surface of the planet. Some of the loot is just very cool. There is a currency needed to craft items called pixels that you just find in capsules when you explore. There are powerups that you can get for higher jumping and such, but they only last until you die.
- Quests - your character has a main story. It's not finished yet though, so I can't say too much about it.
- The world wraps around so you can circumnavigate it
The game shares its roots with Terraria in being more about adventure than Minecraft is. It does have a lot of mining to get to where you want to go, which has been simplified by my playing on a server with the rest of my family. I haven't really crafted a lot of stuff - much of the really good stuff in this game seems to come from the treasure chests. We're still debating on whether or not to build up a good base - mostly we've been moving on to see different stuff right now. We are interplanetary drifters and it's been fun.
- Science fiction theme
28 November 2013 - 06:54 AM
Thanks to Our Community!
Someplace in North America, people are giving thanks today. Thought I would join them and say thank you to the AionSource community. As some of you are aware, NCSoft West recently had a community appreciation event and Hime gave us a few pet codes for the Spurred Crestlich.
Yes, the pet looks kind of like a turkey lol. Given how much some of you like to taunt each other, that could come in handy.
Whether or not it's Thanksgiving in your own country, it's always a good idea to say thank you to somebody you like. They appreciate it. I said thank you to my mum today because she is making this very awesome apple pie from scratch and had to search around all over the place to get the right kind of apples. So I'm thankful.
So, say thank you to somebody and post below to tell us about it. Let me know if you'd like a NA Aion Spurred Crestlich code too.
Cheers and have a happy day of giving thanks,